[R] Help for RODBC usage on mac

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 09:25:28 CET 2011

Please ask about RDBMSs on R-sig-db.

On 25/11/2011 06:34, Jeff Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to use RODBC on my mac machine. I google a lot but could not find a
> very comprehensive tutorial. Finally, I install iODBC, but there's no

Hmm, iODBC is part of Mac OS X.

> driver in iODBC. And I found some commercial ODBC driver. Actaully I just
> want to learn it ,so free driver will be suitable for me.

As MySQL and SQLite are also part of OS X, adding a free (even Free)
driver for one of those will help you learn.

> Does anyone how to use RODBC on mac environment ? And is there any
> comprehensive tutorial on it ?

Yes, the RODBC package manual.  (DO try not to bite the hand that feeds
you.)

Note that almost all the issues are not specific to RODBC: you need to
look for iODBC help.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk