[R] Copula Fitting Using R

Michael Kao mkao006rmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 10:09:46 CET 2011

I don't know why my last email didn't go through properly, but library
copula is still active.

Here is a toy example with reference.

## Toy example for gumbel copula with log-normal distribution
## (Taken from the documentation of copula::fitMvdc)

## Specify the copula
gumbel.cop <- gumbelCopula(3, dim=2)
myMvd <- mvdc(gumbel.cop, c("lnorm","lnorm"), list(list(meanlog = 1.17),

                                                   list(meanlog = 0.76)))
## Generate some random sample to test
x <- rmvdc(myMvd, 1000)

## Fit the random sample
fit <- fitMvdc(x, myMvd, c(1,1,2))
fit

##  Jun Yan (2007). Enjoy the Joy of Copulas: With a Package copula.
## Journal of Statistical Software, 21(4), 1-21. URL
##  http://www.jstatsoft.org/v21/i04/.

##  Ivan Kojadinovic, Jun Yan (2010). Modeling Multivariate Distributions
##  with Continuous Margins Using the copula R Package. Journal of
##  Statistical Software, 34(9), 1-20. URL
##  http://www.jstatsoft.org/v34/i09/.

Cheers,