[R] Missing data?

Kevin Burton rkevinburton at charter.net
Sun Nov 27 22:08:55 CET 2011

I admit it isnt reality but I was hoping through judicious use of these functions I could approximate reality. For example in the years where there are more than 53 weeks in a year I would be happy if there were a way to recognize this and drop the last week of data. If there were less than 53 I would "pad" the year with an extra dummy week. This is just about the same as your suggestion of putting more than 7 days in the first and last weeks. But i still need this kind of date manipulation to even know how many days to add in to make the approximation viable. This kind of best approximation to reality seems better than to settle for the resolution of a month just because it is consistent. Daily would be too much data and even then there would be an approximation due to leap years.