[R] Repeated Measures ANCOVA

crobbins cbrobbins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:32:51 CET 2011

Hello,
I am a novice to program R and have been trying to perform a repeated
measures ANCOVA with Temperature as the dependent variable, Site as the
independent variable, Date as the covariate and Year as the repeated
measures.

My dataset consists of temperatures from 4 sites, over 20 days, during 2
different years. There appears to be a significant effect of site, date and
year on temperature, but no significant interaction between site and year or
site and date. I originally performed two separate ANCOVAs, but my coauthor
wants them in a single model. As far as I can tell, there is no simple way
to do a repeated measures ANCOVA as there is for ANOVA.

I have tried using:  lm(formula = Temp~Site*Date + Year) , but wouldn't this
just put year as an interaction that doesn't affect the model?

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!
-Carrie