[R] Non parametric, repeated-measures, factorial ANOVA

RobH2011 mdp10rjh at shef.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 12:31:13 CET 2011

Hi

I have data from an experiment that used a repeated-measures factorial 2x2
design (i.e. each participant contributed data to both levels of both
factors). I need a non-parametric version of the repeated-measures factorial
ANOVA to analyse the data. SPSS only has non-parametric tests for one-way
ANOVAs but I have been told that the test I need can be implemented using
the R software.

Unfortunantly I haven't been able to work out how to do this test in R. I've
got the Wilcox book 'Robust Estimation and Hypothesis testing' but to be
honest I don't have enough of a background in stats to understand a great
deal of it, and I wasn't able to work out how to do the test I want. Can
anyone let me know how I can do such a test in R? I presume this is a test
that people frequently need to use and that there will be some code already
written that can implement the test.

Thanks
Rob