[R] Calculating the probability for a logistic regression

sirilkt jankee2010 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:57:15 CET 2011

Hi All,

When we run the command : summary ( newmod<-gam(Dlq~ formula,family,,data) )

in R,  the output would the effect of smoothness in R.

As of now to calculate the probability I am following the below approach:

1)  Run the plot of the GAM , interpret the curves

2) Re Run the Regression as a GLM after taking into account the non linear
terms in step1

3) Calculate the probability from the coefficients obtained in step2, using
the appropriate link function

But I came across a paper by SAS (
http://support.sas.com/rnd/app/papers/gams.pdf ), Where the  parameters
outputs are also given when the program is run.

So I was wondering if we have something similar in R also? I tried hard but
could not find anything.