[R] Create an identifier variable

hyunjeehale hyunjee.hale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:48:00 CET 2011

I am needing to create a new identifier variable for a data set which has no
ID variable in the original file. I am basically wanting to take the count
of each row and add "sd" in front of it - so it would look like so

sd1
sd2
sd3
sd4
sd5 etc.......

I have no idea how to do this. I am a SAS user trying to learn R. This
question may have been answered previously, but I could be searching for it
incorrectly. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

HyunJee