[R] R Interface to C / C++‏

Wed Nov 30 01:14:40 CET 2011

Hi,

IMHO, if you will be focussing mostly in incorporating C/C++ in your
own packages you build, instead of wanting to go into other mixed R/C
packages to change them up, I'd go with C++ together with the Rcpp
package.

Rcpp makes lots of things easier on your end, that having been said,
you should still understand how the mechanics of the .Call interface
works and what SEXPs are, and how you manipulate them w/o using Rcpp.

HTH,
-steve