[R] Negative exponential fit

Peter Ruckdeschel peter.ruckdeschel at web.de
Wed Nov 30 12:33:23 CET 2011

Am 29.11.2011 07:06, schrieb Indrajit Sengupta:
> What have you tried so far - can you explain? "fitdistrplus" package is the default package for fitting distributions.
>
> Regards,
> Indrajit
>

> ________________________________

I do not want to shed out any doubt as to the merits of
pkg fitdistrplus, in particular for censored data, but
seconding Uwe's reply later in this thread, you may
also want to check out pkg distrMod on CRAN ---

M. Kohl, P. Ruckdeschel (2010): R Package distrMod: S4
  Classes and Methods for Probability Models. Journal of Statistical
  Software, 35(10), 1-27. URL http://www.jstatsoft.org/v35/i10/.

which offers quite some additional flexibility for model
fitting---including "new models" (built on distributions
which "have no name" but instead are image distributions
under arithmetic transformations of existing ones, see
example M2 in the cited ref) and (nonlinear) transformations
of the parameter (see Example p.15, cited ref).

Best regards,
Peter