[R] New random number generator (RNG)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:03:39 CEST 2011

dataguru <datashaping <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Based on very fast converging series for special transcendental
> numbers. Is there some R code available?
>
> See details about the RNG at
> http://www.analyticbridge.com/profiles/blogs/new-state-of-the-art-
> random-number-generator-simple-strong-and-fa

  (Broken URL above to make Gmane happy.)

  This article seems to be about attempting to get better *cryptographic*
number generators.  This is not a very new idea ...

http://mathoverflow.net/questions/26942/is-pi-a-good-random-number-generator

  It could be a fun project, but I doubt it's better for practical
purposes than the well-tested existing RNG algorithms described in
?RNGkind ...

  Ben Bolker