[R] read .csv from web from password protected site

Mike Pfeiff MikeP at kfoc.net
Mon Oct 3 22:38:24 CEST 2011

Yes, I meant to reply to all (sorry still new at asking for help)

1. No, I am not able to open the file when I insert "userID:password@"  between "http://" and "www"

	http://userid:password@www.frontierweather.com/degreedays/L15N15PowerRegionAverages_10weeks.txt
	(replacing userid and password with my actual information that is known to work)

2. Yes, the webpage where the data is stored does require me to my userid and password and gives me the option to remember password for future use which I have selected.  Subsequent visits to the website do not require me to reenter info.