[R] shapefile kriging

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Tue Oct 4 11:19:22 CEST 2011

On 10/04/2011 07:48 AM, Leynnard Rey Matillano wrote:
> I'm new to R and I'm working on point shapefiles. Is there a way that you could interpolate a shapefile via kriging in R using an attribute? All examples on the internet are using txt files and CSVs. Thanks a lot.
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi,

Kriging is never done on a txt file or a csv file, but on an R object.
For gstat this is a SpatialPointsDataFrame and for geoR this is another
type of object. CVS files, txt files (what is the difference?) and
shapefiles can all be read into SpatialPointsDataFrame's. For reading
shapefiles, see the rgdal package.

Paul

--
Paul Hiemstra, Ph.D.