[R] Strange error msg when plotting a graphics

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 12:29:16 CEST 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:

> Dear R-Users
>
> I have come across the error that apparently has nothing to do with
> command itself.  Here is the error
>
> (w - matrix (or vector) e testXaxis - dates).
>
>> plot(data.frame(testXaxis,w),col="blue",ylab="Q, [m3/s]",xlab="Data",
> +      main="Free-run - Modelo NARX MISO - Test Data")
> Error in gzfile(file, "wb") : cannot open the connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> In gzfile(file, "wb") :
>  cannot open compressed file '/Users/eduardo/.rstudio-desktop/graphics/0540fa66-727a-4f8f-a1b5-f6501e96a393.snapshot', probable reason 'No such file or directory'
> Graphics error: Error in gzfile(file, "wb") : cannot open the connection
>
> The error did not stop the graphics of being plotted.
>
> What could be wrong?

Using R-help to report a problem in Rstudio?

When reporting graphics problems, you need to report the graphics
device you use, as well as the 'at a minimum' information required by
the posting guide.  This looks like a problem in Rstudio's own
device/UI, but I am guessing from the file name.

If you use an alternative front-end such as Rstudio or Tinn-R (or even
RKWard) please do mention it in your posting.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk