[R] Tinn-R

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:29:53 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Charles McClure <cmcclure at atrcorp.com> wrote:
> I am new to R and have recently tried Tinn-R with very mixed and unexpected
> results.  Can you point me to a Tinn-R tutorial on the web or a decent
> reference book?

In my experience, TINN-R does not work so well, and most new users are
recommended to try instead Notepad++ with the addon components
R2notepad++ or Rstudio.  I have MS Windows setup tips here

http://web.ku.edu/~quant/cgi-bin/mw1/index.php?title=Windows:AdminTips

Until I see evidence otherwise, I'm concluding that TINN-R was the
best in 2008, but it is harder to configure now and there's no reason
to prefer it over Notepad++.  "Real Men"[tm] still use Emacs, but new
users may not have enough muscles :)

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson