[R] About stepwise regression problem

Chris Mcowen chrismcowen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:22:45 CEST 2011

I hadn't seen that page Dennis, that makes the case much more succinctly than my anti stepwise ramblings!

Furthermore, "pigpigmeow" if you are using a random effects model i.e lmer - where are you getting your p-values from? And what do they mean in this context? I would strongly advise using information criteria in these scenarios.

Chris

P.S - Doug Bates discusses P-values in relation to mixed effect models here : https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-May/094765.html