[R] two-dimensional Kolmogorov-Smirnow (2DKS) test

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 20:58:01 CEST 2011

On Oct 9, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Beaulieu.Jake at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> The reference below describes the utility of the two-dimensional
> Kolmogorov-Smirnow (2DKS) test for detecting relationships in
> bivariate
> data.  If this test has been implemented in R I would love to know
> about
> it!

I have not been able to find an R implementation. (Tried RSiteSearch
and RSeek with "2d kolmogorov" and pursued promising links and
citations.  This 2005 article suggests that it is not a simple (or
even a well-defined) problem:

http://bura.brunel.ac.uk/bitstream/2438/1166/1/acat2007.pdf

This effort at a parallelized solution reports little improvement,
perhaps supporting the Lopes, el al conclusion that the Cooks
algorithm is not O(n*log(n) after all.

And this is a page with a link to some Matlab code:

http://www.subcortex.net/research/code/testing-for-differences-in-multidimensional-distributions

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT