[R] Read in cluster files (cdt, atr, gtr)

Mark Ebbert Mark.Ebbert at hci.utah.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:55:41 CEST 2011

Does anyone know if there is a method available to read in cluster files (cdt, atr and gtr)? I found one method (http://bioinformatics.holstegelab.nl/manuals/R/library/integromicsMethods/html/iMethods.read.tv.html), but it doesn't seem to create an object that can be used by "heatmap."

The reason I'd like to read in cluster files rather than cluster within R is that we use Cluster 3.0 and each clustering suite behaves differently with certain algorithms (e.g. "centroid-linkage" in cluster 3.0 vs "average-linkage" in Eisen's Cluster 2.0) as well as the order in which the tree is actually printed (doesn't change the meaning, but I prefer to continue with what we have been using).

Anyway, if anyone knows a package that will read in cluster files in a format that I can use to create a heatmap using the "heatmap" method, I would greatly appreciate the info. Or, if anyone know a way to add the equivalent of ColSideColors from "heatmap" in Java TreeView, that would be equally helpful.

Thanks!

Mark