[R] OT RE: US States percentage change plot

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Thu Oct 13 22:39:42 CEST 2011

One package that you can use is Rcartogram from Omegahat, although it
took me a long long time to figure out how to use it for real maps. I
noticed there was another unpublished package named cart in R-Forge,
and I have never tried it.

I also want to know if there are other R packages that have as simple
usage as "take the polygon coordinates and warp the polygons according
to a variable". At least for Rcartogram, it is not so easy (due to the
design of the C code by other authors). Maybe I'm going in a wrong
direction (no cartogram algorithm is so straightforward?).

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>