[R] qcc package

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:15:56 CEST 2011

You'll note that the package version for which you are reading the
manual is not the version that you downloaded from CRAN.

As I suspected, this functionality seems to have existed in an older
version of the package, but seems to have since been deprecated (cf.
the current CRAN files). You can install an older version from the
CRAN archives (2.0.1) is still available if you wish, but I'd suggest
that you also look around the new package and see if there's an even
better version available. I don't know the package so I can't direct
you to whatever updated/improved versions there may be. I don't know
how widely used the package is, but if no one on this list can help,
it may be worth contacting the maintainer directly to see if he can
help.

If you do choose to reinstall the older version, there doesn't seem to
be any C/FORTRAN code in it, so something like

install.packages("qcc.tar.gz", type="source", repos=NULL)

*should* work directly (once you point R to the file), no promises though.

Hope this helps,

Michael

PS -- It's good form (and usually more helpful to you) to cc the whole
list on each step of the correspondance. It lets other voices chime in
if I start leading you astray as well as ensuring that there are
replies coming even at all hours of the day since R-help has a
world-wide readership. Also, it makes sure everything gets archived
nicely so someone can read them in the future.