[R] using do.call to call a list of functions

honeyoak honeyoak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:48:08 CEST 2011

I am having trouble figuring out how to use do.call to call and run a list of
functions.

for example:

make.draw = function(i){i;function()runif(i)}
function.list = list()
for (i in 1:3) function.list[[i]] = make.draw(i)

will result in

> function.list[[1]]()
 [1] 0.2996515
> function.list[[2]]()
 [1] 0.7276203 0.4704813
> function.list[[3]]()
 [1] 0.9092999 0.7307774 0.4647443

what I want to do is create a function that calls all three functions in the
list at one go. from what I understand as.call() can be used to do this but
I am having trouble connecting the dots and getting 6 uniform random draws
from function.list. thanks, honeyoak.