[R] Legend symbols (line, points) in one column.

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:09:29 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM, David Winsemius
<dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
> Legends are built in columns. You need to find a graphics symbol to put in
> the "points" column or you need to find something that the lines paramater
> will turn into a dot (and I'm not sure what that might be.)

A 'lines' component can actually contain points as well, with type="p", as in

xyplot(y~x,group=type,
       type=c("p","l"),
       key=list(space="right",text=list(c("Data","Model")),
                lines=list(lwd = 2, cex = 1.5, pch = 19,
                           type = c("p", "l"))),
       par.settings=confMisc1,
       distribute.type=TRUE,
       data=dataT)