[R] nlrq {quantreg}

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 16 17:54:13 CEST 2011

The model _is_ linear in parameters, after the log transformation of
the response, so
you don't need nlrq.  If you really want something like:

	y = exp(a + b x)   +  u

then you need to make a token effort to look at the documentation.
Here is another
example:

x <- exp(rnorm(50))
y <- exp(1 + .5*x) + rnorm(50)

nlrq(y ~ exp(a  + b * x), start = list(a = 2, b = 1))
Nonlinear quantile regression
    model:  y ~ exp(a + b * x)
     data:  parent.frame
      tau:  0.5