[R] need help in pausing a script

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:01:53 CEST 2011

In addition to Michael's suggestion, if what you want to pause is the
creation of graphs, set:

par(ask = TRUE)

see ?par for details.  It makes it so that user input is required
between each graph plotting.

Cheers,

Josh

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 9:08 AM, M3Mph15 <d.niemand at onlinehome.de> wrote:
> Hey, I'm new to R. I wrote a script for doing several statistic tests and
> plot. is there any way to add a kind of pause function which halts script
> execution until a key is pressed. Please help fast if you can

Generally speaking, telling volunteers to respond "fast" is rather
rude (also may hurt your chances of a response because it makes
academics suspicious that it is for an assignment or homework due
soon).  At least some justification (e.g., I work at an animal rescue
and we just saved 3000 baby whales, but we do not have facilities for
all 3000 of them, have little funds and need to find the most cost
effective way to get them to special whale vets all around the
world----also 35 need medical attention quickly, so I need to get this
script working in the next 6 hours so they have time to make it to a
treatment facility and receive life-saving care.) might make some of
us feel better about prioritizing a response to you.