[R] Beginner's question about ptrend. What package to use in R and a general explanation of the statistics.

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:04:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Bob Briggs <rbriggs1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm wanting to understand more about ptrend (a statistical explanation via an internet website if possible) and also to know what package in R would produce a ptrend.
>

> Appreciate any help I can get on this as I'm trying to read and understand an epidemiological paper and data and reproduce similar results for my own understanding.

Given that I'm not an epidemiologist, and have no idea what a ptrend
is, and that you didn't actually explain what kind of beast it might
be:

If you go to http://www.rseek.org and search for ptrend, you will get
several R packages that use that term, a few posts from the R-help
list, and a pile of websites that might be helpful.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org