[R] calculating ratios from all combinations

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:16:23 CEST 2011

In your code you had a loop over the variable col, but it was never used.

Anyways, just modify the line:

n <- n[-length(n)] # Throwout unwanted columns

to also throw out values with 0's. Perhaps:

idxZeros <- apply(d, 1, function(x) any( abs(x-0) < 1e-08)) # Identify
rows with zeros
n <- n[!idxZeros] # Keep only those rows without zeros
if (!idxZeros[length(idxZeros)]) n <- n[-length(n)] # Throw out last
column as well if needed (i.e., if last column had no zeros)

Though you'll want to tweak it to make it fit your specific problem.

Michael