[R] How to create time series objects combining two vectors

sarelseerower sarelseerower at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:24:34 CEST 2011

I am new to R and trying to understand time series objects.

I have 2 vectors, one containing rainfall values  (lets call the vector
"rain") and the other the time/date in seconds (lets call it "time"). Is
there a method to create a time series object simply by giving the "rain"
and "time" vectors as inputs? Something in the line of:

time_series_object <- time_series_function(rain, time)

Most of the packages I have investigated don't have a simple option like
this.  Can this be done however?