[R] Working With Variables Having Different Lengths

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 21 19:10:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, B77S wrote:

> I know in my experience "Cond" (conductivity??) doesn't vary much within a
> stream except for during high flow events, and I would imagine the same is
> true for TDS.

   This is generally true, but not in the streams with which we're working.
TDS values, for example, vary by orders of magnitude between sampling
locations on the same stream, and not with any pattern. Also, specific
conductance/conductivity (Cond) varies within a stream.

   These variations may well be on different dates, but this first look needs
to ignore time. I'll eventually get to that aspect.

Thanks,

Rich