[R] "Plotting" text?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 02:44:46 CEST 2011

Sure.

The simplest way is to call plot.new() directly, with no arguments.
That will give you a square plot with range of 0-1 on each
axis (roughly).

If you want a more complex underlying plot, that's possible too.
If you take a look at ?par, you'll see options for all the different
components of a plot: the box around it, the axis labels, etc. Each
can be set to not be drawn. (I don't know of a more efficient way.)

Something like:
plot(c(0, 10), c(0, 20), type="n", bty="n", xaxt="n", yaxt="n",
xlab="", ylab="", main="")
will do it.

Sarah

--