[R] POT package

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:38:01 CEST 2011

I'm not particularly familiar with EVT but it seems that here the term
exists to scale down the time base to that wherein extreme values were
identified. Just a hunch though...

If you want more accurate clarification you may wish to contact the
package maintainer, but to be honest I wouldn't worry too much about
it -- it seems very specific to the problem he was addressing in the
vignette, not to the inner workings of the package.

Michael