[R] How to find seasonal effect and trend from raw data (newbie ...)

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 25 11:22:47 CEST 2011

Hello,

>From the data provided in the attached file, I would like to find the
seasonal effect and the trend (if there are some) like in page 10 of the
following document:
http://www.statoek.wiso.uni-goettingen.de/veranstaltungen/zeitreihen/sommer03/ts_r_intro.pd
http://www.statoek.wiso.uni-goettingen.de/veranstaltungen/zeitreihen/sommer03/ts_r_intro.pd

Small problem: I don't know how to start ...
If someone could just explain me how to convert the data in a way I can use
stl (or another function ?), it will be very helpful to me.

Thanlks in advance,
Ptit BLeu.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3936136/Date_Y1.txt Date_Y1.txt
To see the data:
aaa<-read.table("Date_Y1.txt", sep=";", dec=".", header=T, as.is=T)
plot(strptime(aaa$Date, format="%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), aaa$Y1)