[R] Correlation Matrix in R

AlexC alexandre.chausson at unil.ch
Tue Oct 25 23:09:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am currently working with a data set which contains a list of julian dates
of phenological (flowering, leaf growth etc.)

I obtained a correlation matrix by simply using the cor function with the
dataset cor(dataset,use="complete.obs")

that gives me a correlation matrix but the correlations are somehow
different from when I run individual correlations using the cor function and
the same correlation method.  When a smaller sub data set (3 columns) is
created from the original (27 colums) this does NOT occur!

I am a little confused by this,
If anyone knows the reason please let me know.
Otherwise I'm looking for another way to get a correlation matrix.  I do not
know how to write a loop function to do individual correlations

Thank you for your help.