[R] Help with a scatter plot

RanRL rnrlrn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:48:16 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have some data about a market research which I want to arrange in one plot
for easy viewing,
the data looks something like:

Product        Color        StoreA  StoreB  StoreC  StoreD      Price

ProdA           R               NA        4.33     2         4.33         35
                  G                NA        4.33     2         4.33
35
                   B               NA        4.33     2         3.76
58
                  Y                NA         3.72    3         5.33
23

ProdB           B                5.44       NA      4.22      3.76        87

ProdC           G                 4.77      3.22    4.77     2.10         65
                   B                 ...           ...     ...        ...
..

And so on...

I want to create a plot where the colors of the hits represent the Product
(A,B,C..), the characther represent the color (X for yellow, box for green,
etc..), the X axis is the price and the Y axis is the number (0-5) from the
different Stores (A,B,C,D). I've thought either to create a matrix of 4
plots ( for the 4 stores) or in some creative way combine them into one
plot?

Please help me or point me in the right direction as to which functions to
look into, I've been playing around with ggplot for a few days, but can't
seem to wrap my head around it yet...

Thanks