[R] SpatialLines

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Oct 27 14:01:46 CEST 2011

Mark Newcomb <newc1.mac <at> me.com> writes:

> I'm hoping to use R for spatial analysis.  In working through examples in
Chapt. 4 of Applied Spatial Data
> Analysis with R I've come across the following error in trying to plot lines
with the meuse data set.  The
> text is verbatim from the book.

This is in Chapter 3, and is mentioned in the errata on the book website,
http://www.asdar-book.org. The code download is also updated on the website. The
erratum is:

Chapter 3

Page 59: Top of page - from sp version 0.9-66, Lines objects must be give a
valid ID; changed to m.sl <- SpatialLines(list(Lines(list(Line(cc)), "1"))).

Lines and Polygons objects must have valid IDs.

As mentioned in another reply, the R-sig-geo list may be more relevant for a
question of this kind.

Hope this clarifies,

Roger