[R] show.ci='FALSE' ignored in simple.lm

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 16:35:40 CEST 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:58 AM, Elinor Zeev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1 and want to run
>

>  loglinear_simple<-simple.lm(x$p_overPnot,x$logQuantity,show.ci
> =FALSE,conf.level=confidenceLevel)
>
> without showing the graph,  however the show.ci=FALSE is ignored.

My guess (and it is a guess since you did not specify a package for
simple.lm)  is that specifying a conf.level is over-riding the show.ci
parameter. Why would one specify a value for "conf.level" if one did
not want a confidence level?

I have quite few packages loaded and I still get:
 > ?simple.lm
No documentation for 'simple.lm' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try '??simple.lm'

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT