[R] Syntax Check: rshape2 melt()

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 27 19:56:02 CEST 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) wrote:

> I should apologize.  I saw rshape2 and just "glossed" over that and read
> rshape.

Dan,

   Apparently the 'e' in the subject line fell off. It's 'reshape2'.

> So I was using the rshape package rather than rshape2.  I don't know the
> relationship between those two packages and/or how they differ.  I am sure
> that there are others that can help you out here.

   I, too, don't know how the two packages 'reshape, The Orignal' and
'reshape2, Rebooted' differ. The two articles by Hadley that I read
("Statistical Computing and Graphics", 2005, and "Journal of Statistical
Software", 2007) do not explicitly specify which version of reshape is
addressed.

Rich