[R] program never enters browser mode when I add browser()

M. Tran michellev.tran at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 21:04:53 CEST 2011

Dear All

I have a program that breaks at the following lines of code:

bigfunction =
{

object1 = myfunction(x)
object2 = strsplit(object1, ",")[[1]]

}

where myfunction is defined elsewhere outside of bigfunction.

The error I get is "error in strsplit() -- object1 not found".

However, when I insert browser() into my code so that the above reads,

bigfunction =
{

browser()
object1 = myfunction(x)
object2 = strsplit(object1, ",")[[1]]

}

my entire program runs successfully, and oddly *never enters browser mode*.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle