[R] GLM Help

CES smit4155 at umn.edu
Fri Oct 28 22:21:42 CEST 2011

Hey all,

 I am attempting to replicate my results achieved in another program within
R (so I can expand my options for methods). I am trying to run a GLM (Family
= Poisson) for count data in R. Some of my variables are factors and I am
under the impression that the function glm() cannot run a model with Poisson
dist and factors??

Here is why I think this, if I run two models using glm(), one treating a
variable (e.g., Harvest.Factor) as a Factor and the other treating a
variable as continuous (e.g., Harvest.Cont) I get the same results in R.

Is there a package that will allow me to run a GLM using a Poisson dist and
factor variables?

Thanks for any help!
-Chris