[R] help with parallel processing code

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:58:10 CET 2011

I'm not sure what you mean by full code or the iteration. This uses
foreach to parallelize the loops over different tuning parameters and
resampled data sets.

The only way I could set to split up the parallelism is if you are
fitting different models to the same data. In that case, you could
launch separate jobs for each model. If the data is large and quickly
read from disk, that might be better than storing it in memory and
sequentially running models in the same script. We have decent sized
machines here, so we launch different jobs per model and then
parallelize each (even if it is using 2-3 cores it helps).

Thanks,

Max

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM, 1Rnwb <sbpurohit at gmail.com> wrote:
> the part of the question dawned on me now is, should I try to do the parallel
> processing of the full code or only the iteration part? if it is full code
> then I am at the complete mercy of the R help community or I giveup on this
> and let the computation run the serial way, which is continuing from past
> sat.
> Sharad
>
> --

Max