[R] quantmod package

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:14:10 CET 2011

Dear Ata,

I just tested it and it worked just fine for me. Perhaps you need to
test it during US market hours rather than when they are closed. (I'm
not sure what the yahoo finance website does then).

If you want to keep the whole getQuote object, you will probably have
to do a little work on the output before saving it to the text file
since getQuote returns a data frame, which has multiple data types
inside of it. My recommendation would be to isolate those columns you
want, unlist, convert to double if necessary/possible, and then store
that. You'll also need to slightly modify the read-back-in code to
take into account whatever you decide to do. If you can show me what
you've tried, I can help fix it up.

Michael