[R] Equidistant time spacing of time series data

Ritz gulabrani.ritika at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 20:38:32 CET 2011

I am running ARMA model on time series data. Data consists of price changes
in S&P 500 during the day, recorded at 4 predefined time stamps( 8:30,
10:30,10:15, 3:12, hence non equidistant)

My question is, do I need to worry about the data being non equidistant?
If so, how do I modify my series to account for it?
Or is it safe to assume data as being equidistant,as it may not have a
strong influence on the final forecast?

Thanks!

-Ritz