[R] reshape2: Lost Values Between melt() and dcast() [SOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 31 21:24:10 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Curious how the database table has a value of 1.00 mg/L and the read data
> frame contains NA. More curious is why the cast() data frame has a '2' for
> that row.

   Further searching in emacs of the text file generated by write.text() I
found two rows for the same values in the columns site, sampdate, and param.
Since a select query on the database table returns only one row I cannot
explain how the R data frame has 2 rows. Regardless, thanks to Justin's
suggestions, I've fixed one subset data frame and will now fix the other.

Rich