[R] Mann Kendall Test for Trend

ScottM scott.mcgrane at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 17:35:16 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I'm trying to apply the Mann Kendall test for trend analysis of a time
series.  I have downloaded and installed the package Kendall and
subsequently loaded it into the software.

My time series is a .txt file with 2 columns - column 1 is the year (1985 -
2009) and column 2 is the corresponding entry variable.

According to the R guidelines, the call should be:

MannKendall(x) [whereby x is a data vector, usually a time series]

As such, I've loaded in my file 'data.txt' and then called on:

MannKendall(data), to which I get the following:

Error in Kendall(1:length(x), x) : length(x)<3

What do I need to do to get beyond this highly annoying error?  I've tried
MannKendall(1:27(data), data), but then keep getting this:

Error in Kendall(1:length(x), x) : attempt to apply non-function

Any help greatly received!