[R] package gmp installation problem

Giacomo Bezzi giacomo.bezzi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:13:29 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,
Trying to install the package gmp I get the following errors and fail to
install:

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/gmp/libs/gmp.so':
  libgmp.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :
  Data for RFC 2409 Oakley groups requires package 'gmp'
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/gmp/libs/gmp.so':
  libgmp.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :
  Data for RFC 2409 Oakley groups requires package 'gmp'
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/gmp/libs/gmp.so':
  libgmp.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/gmp’

Any clues on how I need to proceed to install the package?

Best regards
Giacomo