[R] Re : Need more information about VGLM

Tue Sep 6 14:25:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:34 AM, privat NDOUTOUME <privatn at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi Steven
>
> Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
> I want to reproduce the same function VGLM on C + +. That's why I wanted to
> know where to find the algorithm in code VGLM R.
> Opening the package GAMT CRAN, I found a file called "scr", I found code in
> C + +. Do you believe that these codes can help me?

Well, somewhere in that packages R or src director is the code that
runs the function you are looking for, so yes .. I believe (know) that
it will help you.

Your job is to step through the code of the R function you are
initially calling in order to find where the part is that you want to
re-implement. It may or may not be written c/c++ already, I do not
know as I've never used the package, and don't have the time myself to
do this exercise.

-steve

> Sincerely
> Envoyé le : Lundi 5 Septembre 2011 20h48
> Objet : Re: [R] Need more information about VGLM
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:46 AM, privat NDOUTOUME <privatn at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on multiple logistic regression. I used the function vglm
>> (Package VGAM) in R. Now, i'd like to implent this function (vglm) in C++.
>> Could someone help me or send me the algorithm.
>
> Download and extract the source version of the package from its page on
> CRAN:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/VGAM/index.html
>
> Look for the "Package source" link.
>
> It's not clear what part you want to re-implement, but the code for
> the entire package is in there. I reckon you'll be able to fish out
> the parts of whatever you are looking for yourself.
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
>  | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>  | Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Steve Lianoglou