[R] help with glmm.admb

eeadie eeadie at unm.edu
Tue Sep 6 20:41:24 CEST 2011

Hi Ben,
Thanks you were right. I was using R-studio and needed to close and reopen
this after downloading the lastest glmmADMB version in R. Then the new
version was on there.

Now I have a new problem with the same model that I've been working on. Here
is the model and the error message:

> modelnbbb<-glmmadmb(total_bites_rounded~age_class_back+(1|focal_individual)+(1|food.dif.id)+offset(log(forage_time)),data=data,family="nbinom")
Error in parse(text = x) : <text>:1:41: unexpected ')'
1: total_bites_rounded ~ age_class_back ++ )
                                                            ^
It seems like this message is trying to tell me that I have an extra )
somewhere, but I don't think this is true because the exact same model works
fine with lmer. Is there something special about glmmadmb syntax that is
giving me problems?

Thank you for any advice you or anyone else can provide!!!

Lizzy