[R] Signify level of significance

goong001 miss_unpredictable001 at yahoo.com.my
Wed Sep 7 09:02:29 CEST 2011

Im doing test on my sample using 1-sample Kolmogorov-smirnov test(poisson
distribution) to specify my sample obtain avalanche effect. before i can
compare my D value with the critical value(Dn, alpha), i have to specify
which level of significance to use (eg. alpha = 0.01, 0.05, etc) and i don't
understand, why is it related to the probability that the hypothesis will be
rejected when it is in fact true. please anyone help me....