[R] envfit vector labels with ordiplot3d

Briony brionynorton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 04:49:31 CEST 2011

Hi R experts,

I'm looking for some help with plotting vectors from envfit in vegan, onto a
3d plot using ordiplot3d. So far I have

data.mds <- metaMDS(data, k=3,trace = FALSE)
vect_data<-envfit(data.mds,vegdata[,3:21],choices=1:3,permu=9999)
ordiplot3d(data.mds,envfit=vect_data)
ordixyplot(data.mds,pch=pts,envfit=vect_data)

(my data's not really called data, I thought it might be easier to
communicate this way)

These display the vectors as arrows, but what I would really like is for the
arrows to be labelled, like what comes up automatically in ordirgl or with a
2D ordiplot.

I've gone through the help and tried everything I can work out, but I must
be missing something important, because nothing's worked so far. I would be
happy to use ordixyplot and show a series of 2D plots, but I can't get
labels on those arrows either.

Any pointers in the right direction would be gratefully received.
Briony