[R] RExcel - RunRFile Errors

kball_ea kenjiball at energyaction.com.au
Fri Sep 9 05:46:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using RExcel and trying to pass a line of code into R. When I select
the cell and choose "Run Code" from the RExcel menu then it seems to work
fine.

The problem I face is a need to write a macro to do this operation, as I
need to set up a user interface in excel for other users who don't know how
to use R.

In R to run my entire code I simply write on line:
source("S:/Folder/FileName.R")

As mentioned in RExcel I can run by selecting the cell and choosing Run
Code.

I have tried to write the macro for this operation as the following:

Sub FindIndex()
 ' To run the price index in R
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Rinterface.StartRServer
    Rinterface.RunRFile "S:/Folder/FileName.R"
    'RInterface.StopRServer
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

But it returns the error "Error when sourcing R file S:/Folder/FileName.R"

I have also tried a simple
RInterface.RRun("source(""S:/Folder/FileName.R"")")
But it did not work.

Can anyone help me in writing this macro?

Thanks in advance.