[R] get and save

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Sep 9 12:01:42 CEST 2011

Hi!

Why don't you just save tmp?
save(tmp, file = paste(name, "rda", sep = "."))

I don't think it makes much difference, at least not with your example.
Or does it?

Ivan

Le 9/9/2011 11:55, Göran Broström a écrit :
> I have a data frame 'tmp' and a vector 'name' containing 'd2'.
> I want to save 'tmp' under the name hidden in 'name', and the file must have
> the same name, plus the extension '.rda'.
> So I try
>
>> tmp
>   x y
> 1 1 3
> 2 2 4
>> name
> [1] "d2"
>> assign(name, tmp)
>> summary(get(name))
>        x              y
> Min.   :1.00   Min.   :3.00
> 1st Qu.:1.25   1st Qu.:3.25
> Median :1.50   Median :3.50
> Mean   :1.50   Mean   :3.50
> 3rd Qu.:1.75   3rd Qu.:3.75
> Max.   :2.00   Max.   :4.00
>> save(get(name), file = paste(name, "rda", sep = "."))
> Error in save(get(name), file = paste(name, "rda", sep = ".")) :
>   object ‘get(name)’ not found
> ++++++++++++++++++++++
> I can't figure out where I 'get' it wrong.
>
> In real life I have a bunch of text files named like 'd1.txt', ...,
> 'd100.txt'.
> I want to convert all of them to R data files, with one data frame in each
> named d1, ..., d100.
>
> Any suggestion is much appreciated!

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Dept. Mammalogy
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231