[R] Reading R Code aloud

cwdillon cwdillon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:50:00 CEST 2011

Well, I've bee reading the R Manual, Nathan Yau's book on Flowing Data, and a
few others like this to my kids to get them to go to sleep. I started off
doing it the *wrong* way, just to keep it boring but slipped into doing it
the *correct* way for my own sanity. It puts the kids to sleep in no time
and I actually get some meaningful reading in. The familiar narrative style
and topics such as hotdog (hdb) eating contests are not as effective as R
manuals and getting the kids to sleep; even with the code.
-Clarence